Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 16 February 2013

Info Post

I just finished watching Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters on the big screen here in our country. I haven't able to see any trailer of it just the posters so I thought it might be a good movie to watch. I was intrigue by what the story will be this time around since I know a few versions of story of Hansel and Gretel.

With a twist, Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters has its ups and downs. Few of its downs were it is a little to fast-paced that the story is a little off. There are also times when you can easily predict what would happen. A movie or a show where a viewer can predict what would happen and what will be the sequence is a no-good and will bore them out easily. Too bad, Hansel and Gretel was one of my favorite Grimms' Fairy Tail and a Vocaloid version of Hansel and Gretel made me want to watch this movie. There are some points on the movie on which you can actually see that the effects are done poorly. So much for the expectation from Hollywood but I don't blame anyone if someone missed that.

Though it didn't gave me the satisfaction and excitement of staying with the story, it did gave me a little entertainment when I saw that there are scenes of gore and some angled action packed scenes. The title itself can be marketed so that people can watch it but for some it is a different. A little weak title I could say and can give the title to, for example, "Jack and Jill: With Hunters" or the like. I am saying is that, they could have at least picked a little more unique title right?

For the actors, Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton are unquestionable a good actor and actress and made the movie a little interesting and save the film from falling out. Maybe for some reason like they are undeniably a good actors or it could be because they have so many fans. Who knows? For Famke Janssesn, she kinda took some of the scenes as good for her hissing and growling and shrieking as a witch. A thumbs up I say.

As for the Music, I actually didn't feel them there. I don't know, maybe the background music was a little low or is it just a little pale? If the genre of a movie is suspense, action and horror, there should be at least some music aloud in the right scenes. But when I listened to their soundtrack, I found the music a little old with the bass and the strings. But if you are listening closely to the music and feel it, you can feel it running through your mind and move your imagination a little.


Overall, If you want some bloody fighting scenes and a dark-themed fairy tail, it is a good movie to watch but for me, it is a disappointment for wanting to watch the movie on big screen, I could have just waited for a good quality movie released on the internet. No wonder it got a 4/10 of review in a review site. Still a little twist of the old stories might not be a bad idea as I see posters on the cinema about some fairy tail replays with a twist and will be looking forward to watch some of them.


image from: actionflickchick.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment