Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 15 February 2013

Info Post

In Bolinao Pangasinan, “Mangunguna”in Bolinao dialect means Fishermen. This event is celebrated annually to give tribute to the fishery industry of the town. As we all know town of Bolinao is rich in aquatic life and the area is suited for aquaculture industry. In fact fishing and aquaculture is the main source of livelihood of the community.

I just happen to stumble on a video that was tagged to me and made me remember the fun and enjoyment when dancing in this kind of cultural dance. And it made me remember and want to post in a blog when our school held an event that is themed "Island" Culture Festivals" at the start of the 45th Founding anniversary of  my current college school, NCBA.

Before the practice, we are united and listening to our instructor.
Annually, my high school, "Cape Bolinao High School" makes an event where all the class (1st year to 4th Year with 3 Sections each)  will be on a competition to highlight our different talents mostly in creativity and in dancing. On my time we call this "Mangunguna Festival" as to match with our town fiesta festival.

I remember back then that we practiced this in secret so that we can surprise our opponents. I have so many memories in this. The practice, the fun and the hardship. We are also the ones who made our own props(since we only have a limited budget. If I remembered correctly, each student in our class will contribute at least P350.00 for the competition.) 

A sample of the girl's Costume with their main props.


A photo of the whole class with their costumes as they are listening to the speech .


The first half of the performance, I can't find the second half.

This was our performance night. We danced to our hearts content. Even though our performance wasn't perfect, we won as the champion of the CBHS Mangunguna Festival as the Reigning champion for two years straight. Our last performance for our high school years.

I wish our municipality would record this kind of performance to showcase them to other places far and near so that there are added tourism in the place. What could you say about the performance

0 comments:

Post a Comment