Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 9 December 2012

Info Post

Our Department's Donation Box
School sometimes go out and do outreach program especially during Christmas season or the school just wants to help. With the cooperation of the school's organization of the three branches of my school, National College of Business and Arts, the student organization was able to collect toys, school supplies, and clothes that will be given to the designated projects, with a theme of "We Care, We Share".

Our school branch in Fairview was assigned to be on Batino Elementary School at Cubao to hold a Christmas Party for Special and Impaired Children. With the cooperation of our branch school organization, we are able to make a fund wherein, we can give new toys and to held programs to make them happy.

In preparing for the gift and other items we have collected through our donation boxes, we are able to see the other sets of officer of the other branches of NCBA, Cubao and Taytay, and we are able to have some fun with each other.

I also learned the craft how to made a gift wrapper that looks like a gift bag. Preparing all the gifts and the clothes and also the supplies can be quiet tiring but with friends working together with you, things get easy to work out.

Got taken by a friend. look at the pile of gifts down there!

Though honestly, some of us feel bad when we were informed that we will be using our own money for our fare to the venue and for our own food, we have no choice but to cooperate since the success of the event rest among our skills and passion to help spread joy for Christmas. I too felt that we are being used by the school but when I thought about what will happen during the event, that bad thoughts disappear and said that "I want to experience something new and be able to help at least."

I was right to be on that mindset. When we arrived at the place of the event at Batino Elementary School at Cubao, we thought that it was just an ordinary school. Seeing all the kids there, I suddenly felt something in my chest. I had fun with the kids. Especially to this girl. She was really lovable and cute and she always wants a kiss and a picture with my companions. She is also attentive to our games. Too bad I didn't able to get her name. There are also kids whom I am able to get fond to.

Playing with them is easy and fun. Being with them made me realize something, no matter how hard or costly things get, as long as you can make someone happy even for a short while, you are repaid by much more than what you have given. It may not be in form of material wealth, but, it is in the form of self-satisfaction, experience and happiness.

These people might be lacking something, but I know that the smiles in their face when they we are with them and when we interact with them is genuine. They can't lie, can't hurt emotionally, a true innocent person in my point of view. They need us, they need our support and care. I found out, that one of the greatest gift that I can give is my unconditional love and my acceptance to the people around me. To be able to bring joy before Christmas, I think my Christmas can be happening sooner than the calendar says.

Merry Christmas and may love fill our hearts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment