Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 23 November 2012

Info Post


As an otaku, I am always on the go to watch different anime for enjoyment or for lessons. I watch different genres and anything almost at all as long as it is anime. Watching a season of anime that comprises 12 episodes is not enough for me. I can watch from 6 Am to 12 Mn nonstop (Except for lunch and toilet brakes).

Since I watch almost every hour, there are times that my list of must watch anime have been checked and there are no more anime to watch for the day (There are multiple updates everyday to keep me on the track). So I searched the library of the site where I watch anime which is http://www.animefreak.tv/, and I found an interesting title: "BLADE".

Everyone I think knows the day walker name blade or Eric right? But let us keep in mind that some don't know him. Blade or Eric is a unique vampire that can walk in the broad day light. That is why he is called a day walker. This is because, her mother was bitten by a vampire when he was still a baby inside of her. And he is on the hunt to kill Frost.


As I watched the first few episodes, it already told me the story will move into the country of the Philippines. Though it was a little weird when I found out the setting and to view the Philippine for some time now. I mean, It is rare isn't it?




Everything started around the fourth episode of the anime where blade remembers his childhood and also save a good old friend of his from the clutches of the group of the main antagonist, Frost Deacon. After the rescue, he gets a hint that Frost is residing in an island in the region and goes there in the next episode.

Well, I am not going to put a sweet coating on my view about the anime but the writer of the is quiet fond of our country and most of his observance is correct.


For example in this scene, it was shown how the environment could be harsh in some other way, there are also scene that depicts human trafficking. This is the truth and it is happening now in our country.

Blade got a lead to where Deacon Frost is and it is said that he is on the Isla del Fuego (Fire Island), or more commonly known as Siquijor. It is said that the island is where dark magic is common and is actually glowing thus giving it's name fuego. 





There, they met Lupit, Cimarron, and Hagibis – members of the ‘aswang’ hunting tribe Verdugo. A "Manananggal" is a fetus sucking folk lore creature wherein they have the ability to remove their upper body and to grow a bat like wing in their back. Like this.





It was a little more abomination than what the Filipino tells but a monster is a monster no matter what. And in the end, Blade have to fight this creature and finish it off.




I guess the writer for the show, Warren Ellis, is quite fond of our country as this is not his first time using the Philippines as the setting.

I watched the whole season and it was a little predictable from the start of the anime until the end but it is still good some way or another.

there may be some other more anime that i have to encounter that have Philippines as its setting and I'm goin to find out more about that.

If you by chance know some more anime, please do tell for me to watch and let us talk about it. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment