Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 12 November 2012

Info Post

As an officer in a school organization, especially that I am it's current president, I am responsible to talk to the school staff and to the members when they are going to ask something or when I to report. And being a President, you have to make people like you even though they might not know you too well.

There are various ways to make people like you and would want be your friend. But I'll just be posting what I find is effective for me.


  1. Smile - Everyone likes people that loves to smile.The most effective way to get the peoples like to you. Smiling shows that you are being professional or seems to be happy to be able to talk or to help to that person.
  2. The Person's name is the sweetest and most important sound in any Language - Know the person's name you are talking to. Just knowing and and when you meet that person again and you remembered it, he or she will be glad and happy even just a little that you remembered him/her. Now who would want that someone will call him like, "Hey" or in Filipino term "Hoy"?
  3. Be a good Listener - When someone is having a conversation to you, you have to listen to them even if the person's interest is contrast with you. You have to show that you are interested in her/his story. A good leader's trait is to listen to other people's opinion.
  4. Talk in Terms of the other Person's Interest - Having an open mind will make people like you even more. You have the knowledge of the interest of other's people and that person will stay and will like you the more. I find this interesting and effective because, I could even learn a thing or two in that conversation and maybe to have a new friend.
  5. Make the other people feel important - This could be a little hard on the other especially when the person you are talking to is a stranger. I find it hard on my first time but I got the hang of it. Fin out how you could make the other people feel important. For me, when there is a complaint, I always say that "I am here to help you" or "I would look into your problem" then give that person a tap on the back or in the shoulder and smile.

Like I said before, there are various way to make people to like you. Thinking of a better approach will help you even better and will make people like you even more.

You don't have to please everyone. You just have to be yourself when you want people like you. Don't try to push too hard, make a small step every time and you will get the hang of it. Make more people to like you. Who would even want to be hated by the community right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment